The Niagara Health System’s vision is to be a leader in healthcare. Feedback in the form of compliments and/or concerns will assist us to reinforce our efforts to provide quality care. It ensures that areas of improvement are identified and quality assurance initiatives are acted upon.
To take an active role in hospital or medical treatment, these five points are common sense tips to be more involved in your health care.
- Be involved in your healthcare. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your healthcare team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your healthcare team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.