Cold Laser Therapy is a pain-free treatment aimed at reducing pain, swelling and speeding up the healing process. It has been rates as the most effective physiotherapy modality in a survey of Irish physiotherapists. Our clinic offers the next generation cold laser, featuring 5 laser probes which reduces treatment time and targets both superficial and deep soft tissue structures.
Ingrown Toenail procedures utilizing "chemical matrixectomies" are available which afford the patient minimal down-time with lower recurrence rates, typically faster healing and no time consuming soaking compared to older "surgical matrixectomies" performed by some surgeons.
Foot Surgery : offering minimal incision and traditional surgical procedures performed as an out-patient in our modern private surgical suite under local anaesthesia. We are committed to providing the most advanced surgical procedures available, learned at leading medical institutions. Surgical intervention is typically reserved as a last resort if other modalities have failed.
Sclerotherapy for neuromas is available. This new technique consists of about 7 weekly injections of dehydrated denatured alcohol with local anaesthetic and is an alternative to surgery, with a published 89% effectiveness rate.
Phonophoresis , a new physical therapy modality which drives anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medications into the foot with ultrasound (deep heat) instead of with injections or with oral medication. Ultrasound is also available.
X-ray services are available on-site to rule out conditions such as fractures, arthritis, heel spurs and for evaluation of bunions and hammertoes etc. X-rays are taken, processed and can be reviewed with the patient in the same visit.
Video Gait Analysis is used to observe gait abnormalities to determine the optimal shoe choice and orthotic modifications to improve performance.
Some Common Foot Disorders Treated include:
- Heel Pain: Plantar Fasciitis & Heel Spurs
- Ingrown & Thick nails
- Corns & Callouses
- Flat feet, Fallen Arches & High Arches
- Diabetic wounds
Some Products available include:
- Nonyx nail gel which often improves the appearance and decreases the thickness of yellow and thickened toenails.
- Biofreeze topical pain relieving gel and roll-on
- Custom prescription stockings and support hose
- Callous cream aimed at reducing corn and callous build-up
- Night splints aimed at reducing morning heel pain
- Braces and splints (custom and over-the-counter) for drop-foot, ankle instability and sprains, CMT
- Gel cushioned corn and callous pads
- Surgical shoes and knee-high walking cast boots for injuries and after surgery
- Amerigel hydrogel wound dressing for after toenail surgery and for ulcers. No soaking is required.
- Pads for your shoe and feet which decrease pressure and redistribute weight bearing forces that can cause pain
- Diabetic accomodative shoe inserts aimed at offloading areas prone to ulcers.
- Adjustable heel lifts for patients with leg length discrepancies.