Multi Space Solutions
When deciding whether to install single space meters or multi-space pay stations, it is important to consider the Pros and Cons of each solution. Here are the Pros and Cons of multi-space meters
MULTI-SPACE – PROS
- Costly to repair; replacement parts are expensive
- More attractive to theft and vandalism
- Can be confusing to operate
- Monthly communication costs
- More consumable materials
- If machine goes down, you’ve lost an entire section of parking
- May require driver to walk half a block and then return to vehicle to put parking fee paper inside vehicle (in P&D mode)
- Multi-space tickets are not suitable for use with motorcycles and convertibles
- General litter due to many discarded tickets
- Lead battery disposal problems will only get worse over time
- Usually more expensive to procure, higher capital costs than single-space meters
- Generally inconvenient to the motorist in bad weather (rain, sleet, wind, heat, cold).
- Many more mechanical and moving parts in a multi-space machine than a single-space meter, thus increase in likelihood of mechanical failures.
- Considerable signage and pavement markings are required to convey payment instructions and location of equipment (multi-space in PBS mode).
The MacKay Guardian™ Multi
The MacKay Guardian™ Multi is our highly versatile and extremely reliable pay station. Each Multi is configured to your specific needs for power, payment, colour, and optional features.
Manufactured under stringent ISO 9001:2008 certified quality processes, the MacKay Guardian™ Multi supports three major modes of operation:
Pay and Display : In this mode, a customer purchases parking time and receives a printed ticket indicating the ticket expiry time, which is then placed and displayed on the paying customer’s car dashboard. The is the simplest and most popular configuration.
Pay by Space : In this mode, a customer enters a space number into the meter corresponding to the location of their parked vehicle, and then makes payment appropriate to their desired parking time. The space manager in the Multi or in a remote space manager server keeps track of paid and expired spaces. There is no need to return to one’s vehicle.
Pay by Plate : In this mode, a customer enters their license plate number into the meter. The space manager keeps track of paid and expired plates.
The MacKay Guardian™ Multi Elite
The MacKay Guardian™ Multi Elite is our newest pay station . The Elite posses all the features and realibility of the Multi in a slimer more compact cabinet.
Additionally, the Elite has a new colour VGA display and LED "Confirm" and "Cancel" buttons.
Manufactured under stringent ISO 9001:2008 certified quality processes, the MacKay Guardian™ Multi Elite supports Pay & Display mode and Pay by Space mode.