ABOUT OUR SERVICES
At one time or another, you or someone you know may need Private Duty nursing or the services of other health care personnel.
Private Duty Health Care is a way to supplement the nursing or health care services available in a health care facility. People use a private duty services for a variety of reasons including:
- When a patient needs more attention than the facility can provide;
- When the patient or family wants more individual, personal attention or care than the facility can provide; or
- When the patient or family wants services that the facility does not or cannot provide.
Private Duty Health Care Services might be appropriate in all types of health care facilities, including intensive care units of a hospital, nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and senior residential centres. They do not replace the services provided by the facility. They are a supplement provided just for you or your loved ones personal benefit.
Services usually are selected by and paid for by the patient or family requesting the service.
Finding the Right Provider
There are two ways you can find and retain private duty health care services. You can contact an established agency or you can employ a health care professional such as a nurse, on your own.
Perhaps the most important thing to consider when making your selection is finding the right person or a person who does the right thing. JCS Nursing offers a distinct advantage because it has been successfully providing nurses and other health care professionals over the past 7 years.
The Right Person
Employing a health care professional to provide care for you or a loved one is an important decision and one in which most people have little training or practice. JCS Nursing has the necessary experience and expertise as follows:
- Our hiring process has been refined through more than 7 years of experience We make sure that the applicant are provided with a clear job description including the experience and skills requirements for the particular job description. These skills must be demonstrated during the interview and screening process. We make sure that the applicant has a valid Ontario license or has completed the necessary training for the position they are applying for.
- JCS Nursing offers a complete range of health care services. We provide health care professionals at any skill level, from intensive care registered nurses to Personal Support Workers. Upon leaving the health care facility, we provide homemakers and companions.
- Through our "Nursing Skill-Patient Care" matching system, we are able to match the skills of our caregivers with the needs of the patient. Patient-specific factors such as diseases, treatment needs, environment and other relevant factors are considered. Nursing Skill-Patient Care system assures that the most qualified and appropriate person is assigned to each request for service.
Doing The Right Thing
Its one thing to find the right health care professional, but that is only part of the challenge. Even a professional needs direction, supervision and support to provide the kind of care you expect. JCS Nursing has proven track record in the following areas:
- Supervision: All JCS Nursing professionals are supervised by the Director of Nursing and are regularly evaluated based on the JCS Nursing policies and procedures.
- Licenses: All JCS Nursing professionals are required to provide our office their current and valid nursing registration certificate issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Insurance: All JCS Nursing professionals are covered under our Professional Liability insurance and bonded against dishonesty. They are also covered by our Workers Safety Insurance coverage.
- Employment: Private duty health care professionals from JCS Nursing are our employees. That means we take care of all obligations for payroll and other taxes. We are responsible and proud of them.
Comparing Features and Benefits
You wont find all of these features and benefits if you select a private duty health care professional from another agency, a nursing registry, or if you hire an independent contractor yourself. You will find them at JCS Nursing and Home Care Services Inc.
We deliver appropriate, high quality care to our patients and we treat them with genuine compassion, kindness and respect.