Chim-Scan Video Inspection
The Chim-Scan Video Camera allows us to accurately inspect the inside of the flue.
The inspection procedure involves
- Sweeping the flue in order to remove soot and creosote and other obstructions.
- Insert camera into flue and completely examine all sides of the flue from top to bottom with the camera only centimeters from the flue surface.
- Everything the camera sees is shown on the monitor and photos are taken of all damaged and questionable areas.
- A written report is prepared, including all photos, detailing the results of the inspection.
Accurate information is important for making decisions about a chimney.
- If you are a homeowner installing a stove.
- If you are considering re-lining your chimney.
- If you need to know the condition of your chimney for peace of mind, then you can rely on our video inspection service.
The Chim-Scan camera allows us to show you these problems in your chimney, if they exist:
- Cracks & holes in flue liners.
- Broken or missing flue liners.