WETT Inspection Service
What is a WETT inspection?
A visual inspection by a WETT certified technician to determine that there is no evidence of any problem with the wood burning system.
Why do I need a WETT inspection?
To simplify the process of the Home for Sale.
1.Having a WETT inspection done before listing a home alerts the homeowner of any potential repairs that may require attention.
2. Making any repairs ahead of listing your home avoids having these issues become stumbling blocs when a purchaser submits an offer.
3. A favourable WETT inspection report reflects well on the condition of a home and will therefore command a higher price than one that is in need of repair.
To satisfy the requirements of the insurance company.
To satisfy the requirements of the mortgage lender.
Chimney Re-Lining Service
A proper liner for each flue in a chimney is important.
- in order to provide a gas and water-tight conduit
- to completely contain the by-products of combustion
- to safely exhaust those by-products from your home.
We specialize in re-lining chimneys which service appliances that use gas,oil and wood.
We also specialize in difficult installations, such as really tall chimneys.
Gas and oil-fired appliances, especially newer ones, are extremely efficient. This means more heat for you in your home, but much less heat going up the chimney. Less heat in the flue means a substantial amount of condensation buildup, especially in the portion of the chimney which extends above the roof. This part of the chimney is not sheltered by the house and is therefore much colder. There is now water running down the inside of your flue.
If the flue is unlined, or has a (non watertight) clay tile liner, this water will now get into the brickwork itself. Freeze / thaw cycles throughout the winter will now cause the chimney to rapidly deteriorate.