Structured wiring can mean different things to different people.
Basically structured wiring is a system by which all telephone, television, satellite, Ethernet, alarm, audio, infrared and home automation systems are wired to a common place in your home. This may or may not be the same location as your homes electrical system (panel).
Structured wiring allows a number of things to happen in your home.
- Organizes all your wiring in one place
- Allows easy changes to system configuration
- Allows easy future upgrades to your homes electronics systems
- Allows easy connection between different systems in your home
- Makes future upgrades and changes to your homes electronics much simpler
- Makes troublshooting system issues much simpler