Pilates is a body-conditioning method developed by Joseph Pilates starting around the time of the First World War. Targeting the deep postural muscles, it works by building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment.
Pilates helps to
• strengthen the core postural muscles that stabilize the torso
• reshape your body—longer, leaner & more toned
• improve posture
• breathe more efficiently
• relieve stress & tension
• improve body awareness & focus
Pilates is equally suitable for first time exercisers and for athletes looking to enhance their performance.
Beth James, Instructor
- Certified Body Control Pilates Instructor
- PTS (Personal Training Specialist, Can-Fit-Pro)
After spending several years as a student of Pilates, Beth decided she wanted to spread the word about this gentle yet effective form of exercise. She has had a lifelong interest in exercise, nutrition & good health and is very much a “people person”.
Beth received her Body Control Pilates Instructor certificate Basic Matwork in 2007 from Evelyn Charters (Maple, ON) and Lynn Peterson (founder of Body Control Pilates, UK) and for Intermediate Matwork in 2008.
To broaden her fitness expertise, in September 2010, Beth received her Personal Training Specialist with Can-Fit-Pro.
- Standing Pilates, Gliding & Urban Poling - June 2009
- Pilates for Osteoporosis & Osteoarthritis –April 2009
- Pilates for Golf – April 2009
- Choreographic Tools Workshop - July 2008
- Pilates using Balls & Bands, Magic Circle, Yamuna Ball Rolling – April 2008
- Foot Exercises – January 2008
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia in 2007