RO•DEO \ Ro-de-o : 1. Spanish for surround or roundup; 2. A public performance of pageantry and competition, featuring cowboys and cowgirls showcasing their skills and talents.
Rodeo occupies a unique position in modern sports and history, having developed from a culture that is rapidly changing. Rodeo is a window into the past while at the same time offering a unique and fully modern sport with an exciting atmosphere.
The Rawhide Rodeo Company has been producing rodeos and rodeo related events for over twenty years. It has grown from a small professional rodeo company to one of the largest and most accredited in North America, now producing over 120 rodeo performances a year in over 15 states and provinces.
A successful rodeo combines the atmosphere of the Old West and the characteristics unique to the town that is sponsoring the rodeo event. Rawhide Rodeo personnel work closely with local sponsors and committees to incorporate a 'hometown flavour' into each event, while delivering a world class production featuring award winning livestock and champion cowboys and cowgirls from across North America.
A typical rodeo lasts about 2 1/2 hours and is a marketable, exciting and unique form of family entertainment. Some of the events that can be found at a Rawhide Rodeo production include:
• Bareback Bronc Riding
• Steer Wrestling
• Saddle Bronc Riding
• Barrel Racing
• Jr. Barrel Racing
• Tie-Down Roping
• Team Roping
• Breakaway Roping
• Jr. Bull Riding
• Mutton Busting
• Bull RidingPlus clowns, bullfighters, trick riding and much more!A Rodeo is a fun, exciting and original way to entertain people from within your community, and the Rawhide Rodeo Company makes it easy!Over the past twenty years, we have developed a turnkey rodeo production which includes a choreographed professional show, clean new rodeo equipment, insurance, sound systems, champion livestock and the most professional and experienced personnel in the industry. The Rawhide Rodeo Company prides itself on developing long standing rodeos that continue to be entertaining year after year by introducing new content into their production annually.
The Rawhide Rodeo Company produces professional rodeos and contracts livestock in cooperation with some of the most accredited associations and organizations in the sport of rodeo. One or more of these affiliations are chosen by assessing the needs and location of each individual rodeo to ensure a certain quantity and quality of professional cowboys and cowgirls exist, as necessary to produce a premiere rodeo. The Rawhide Rodeo Company has worked diligently at producing high quality shows to ensure such relationships and sanctioning continue and is one of the only organizations in North America to be certified and recognized by such esteemed associations.The Rawhide Rodeo Company is a card carrying contractor of the following organizations:• International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA)
• American Professional Rodeo Association (APRA)
• National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA)
• Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA)
• Ontario Rodeo Association (ORA)
• Association des Cowboys de l'Est du Canada (ACEC)
• Hardway Pro Bull Riding Association (HPBR)
• Professional Bull Riders (PBR)In total these groups allow the Rawhide Rodeo Company access to over 10,000 different cowboys and cowgirls!