• Internal/External Condition Survey & Inspection
Facility owners should have their water towers inspected every three (3) to five (5) years.
• Misco will provide a detailed technical report outlining coating condition, structural condition, safety upgrades required under OH&S.
• Misco will provide recommendation for upgrades required over the next 1, 3 & 5 years.
• Misco will provide a cost estimate for budgetary purposes.
Dry Inspection (water drained) – Method one
• AWWA recommend full dry inspection every five (5) years.
• Pressure wash cleaning – 5000 PSI – remove sediment.
• Three man crew – confined space & rescue capabilities.
Wet Inspection (50% water drained) – Method two
• Inspection internal from roof hatch – reviewing ceiling & 50% walls.
• Two man crew – non-confined space & rescue personnel onsite.
Water Tower Safety Upgrades & Coating Upgrades
• Misco will assess the current status of safety upgrades and make recommendations to meet or exceed industry standards.
• Misco will establish the requirements for coating upgrades which will include full containment/abrasive blasting or overcoating specification if existing coating is tight, adhered & acceptable for overcoating.
• Misco will provide detailed specification as it relates to NACE/SSPC technical specifications.
• Provide detailed specifications, contract documents and condition survey to tender project to 3-6 "approved" contractors.
Project Management for Tower Refurbishment
Misco-Mulders Inspection can provide full project management on major or minor protective coating projects, including watertowers, bridges & digesters.
• Detailed specifications Nace/SSPC/AWWA
• Tendering process for the owner
• Paint samples/heavy metals SF testing.
• Coating condition assessment.
• "Approved" coating materials.
• "Approved" Ontario coating contractors.
• Onsite NACE certified inspectors.
• Detailed computer generated reports.
• Warranty inspections.
NACE Certified Inspection Services – Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Misco-Mulders Inspection has highly qualified NACE certified inspectors and provides QA/QC services to facility owners. (MTO, city, provinces)
• We have six (6) NACE certified coating inspectors traveling throughout Ontario and Canada as the projects dictate.
• We provide QA to facility owners to ensure contractors are meeting the SSPC-SP-1 "Good painting practice" & NACE coating guidelines & contract documents.
• We also provide QC to contractors to ensure they are meeting the requirements of the contract, prior to passing it on to the owners NACE inspector.
• Containment "acceptance" and "approvals"
• Dust collection "acceptance" and "approvals"
• Lead abatement – abrasive in-out documentation.
CWB Inspection Services
Misco-Mulders Inspection provides the necessary CWO visual inspections
• Mag particle, dye penetrate visual inspector
• To inspect weld as required
ROV – Potable Water Inspection Services
Misco-Mulders Inspection will use our remote operated vehicle (ROV) to inspect potable water towers when the tower cannot be out of service. Our NACE certified coating expert will complete the inspection and provide a detailed report completed by a NACE certified coating inspector as well as a certified engineering technologist.