How many items may I borrow?
The Cavan Monaghan Library Board supports a policy of full access to Library material through its One Card Policy.
To ensure that library material is available to as many borrowers as possible, the library has established the following borrowing limits.
- Books, Paperbacks, Magazines, Books on Tape & Books on CD - No limit
- CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs & Videos - 3 of each per card holder. Maximum of 6 of each per household.
- Reference Material - Reference material cannot leave the library. However, you can photocopy this material. Photocopying is available at 20 cents per page.
How long may I keep Library Materials
The Library aims to make its material available to every borrower within a reasonable period of time.
- Books, Paperbacks, Books on Tape & Books on CD: 3 weeks
- Magazines, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs & Videos: 1 week
To encourage patrons to return material on time, the Library has established a system of overdue fines and replacement charges for lost material.
There is a charge applied to your Library Card for each item returned after its due date. These items are considered overdue.The fine schedule is as follows:
- Books, Books on Tape, Books on CD, Paperbacks & Magazines - 15 cents per item per library day
- CDs, DVDs, Videos & CD-ROMs - $1.00 per item per library day
- You can renew your material in person, on our website, by telephone or by leaving a message on our answering machine. Please note that we will not renew your library material unless asked to do so.
Drop BoxRenewals and Extended Due Dates
A drop box is located beside the front door for your convenience. Material may be returned at anytime.
Renewals can be done in person, on our website, by telephone or by leaving a message on our answering machine. Please note that we will not renew your library material unless asked to do so. If there is a hold on the material that you wish to renew, we will extend the due date but request that you return the item as soon as possible in consideration of the patron waiting for the material.If you wish to renew an Interlibrary Loan, you must contact the library with your request at least 7 days before the item's due date. Our staff will request a renewal from the lending library and telephone you with the results.In exceptional circumstances, a patron can request an extended due date longer that the normal lending period. Please request an extended due date at the desk when you are checking out your material. Your printout will reflect the extended lending period.Reserving Library Material
All items, with the exception of reference material, may be reserved.To place a reserve, you must have a valid library card. Please make requests at the desk or on our web site. Once an item you have on reserve is available, you will be contacted by telephone. The item will be held for pickup for 7 days. If you have not picked up the item within seven days, it will be passed on to the next person on the reserve list or reshelved.If you no longer need a reserve item, please advise the library as soon as possible.