Value Stream Managers, Lean Co-ordinators and Kaizen facilitators have been implementing Lean throughout their companies with little support from the finance experts when it comes to reporting success. The problem has been that methods like Standard Cost Accounting and Activity Based Accounting don’t mix well with Lean initiatives. In the absence of Lean Accounting knowledge, companies have struggled to make sense of Value Stream Thinking and the relationship to Product and Service Costing.
Lean Accounting.. moving business closer to value stream thinking!.
Our one day Lean Accounting is designed for Manufacturing Executives, Senior Operations and Financial Management and anyone responsible for results. Lean Accounting introduces these key individuals to the concepts and tools that will help them understand the role finance should play and to be able to make changes to the current costing strategies so that Lean opportunities are not lost.
Upon completion of our one day workshop, participants will be able to:
• Understand common financial barriers to Lean and why traditional costing methods don’t work for Lean.
• See the new role the CFO should play in a Lean organization
• Re-evaluate existing costing strategies with value stream thinking.
• Apply new reporting measurements that support existing Lean activities.
• Grasp the real money making opportunities from implementing Lean.
• Re-evaluate the ‘make versus buy’ decision making process in your organization.
• Make accounting more relevant to front line employees.