*** Update *** : we are pleased to announce that registration for this event is now closed. All available slots have now been accounted for. Bring on the planks!
February 11, 12, and 13, 2011
For just $60 ($50 without bike rental) you will be treated to a two-hour introduction to track riding session (what they call “Track 1”), followed by a one-hour skills clinic on Saturday Feb. 12, and be able to hone your track-riding skills at the drop-in riding session on Sunday, Feb. 13. Track bike rental is included in this fee.
As a bonus, we’ll be able to take in the action at the track races on
Saturday evening. Rumour has it that some Wheelers and friends are even
threatening to compete!
A maximum of 14 to 16 riders can participate in the Track 1 session (16
if a few already have some track experience). Participation will be on
a First PAID, first served basis.
Payment will be accepted by PayPal (see below)
What to bring
- Cycling shoes and gloves, helmet, pedals.
- Warm cycling clothes. Note that the London track, while covered, is not heated. Be prepared to wear tights and maybe even shoe covers.
- Bring warm clothes for standing around in as well.
- If you opt to bring your own bike, you will pay $10 less. However, you must make sure that your tires are soft—not hardened by trainers or rollers or from being out in the sun.
- A word of advice about bringing a track bike: a road fixie may not be allowed on the track due to bottom bracket height issues. If in doubt about the bike you own or are borrowing from a friend, we suggest renting a bike for $10.
Friday, Feb. 11
- Depart Ottawa Friday from Westgate Shopping Centre (time TBD with your car-mates).
- Check in at Travelodge London.
Saturday, Feb. 12
- 11:30 a.m.: Report to track ready to ride.
- Noon to 2 p.m.: Track 1 session
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Skills clinic
- 6 p.m.ish: Group dinner (Location TBC)
- Back to the track in time for the races.
Sunday, Feb. 13
- Noon to 2 p.m. Practice your skills at the drop-in session on the track. (This session will be open to riders outside our group.)
- 3 p.m.ish: Depart for Ottawa.
Ready to ride the planks?
We are accepting payment via Paypal. Don’t have a Paypal account? No worries. Opening one is free and there are no transaction fees.