If you are planning to disclose health information and want a third party assessment of re-identification risk, then please contact us. We perform HIPAA Privacy Rule statistical standard certifications for structured and text (free form) data.
The team of statisticians and disclosure control experts at Privacy Analytics can perform a quantitative analysis on a data set to determine if it meets the statistical standard in the HIPAA Privacy Rule. We use specific risk metrics suited to the plausible attack scenarios on the data.
Our certification services are characterized by:
- We will provide you with a secure environment for uploading your data.
- Our deliverables include detailed documentation explaining the risk thresholds used and the analysis performed.
- We provide a certification letter confirming that the risk is "very low", or otherwise.
- Our methods work for microdata (individual-level data) and tabular data releases.
- We can analyze cross-sectional and complex longitudinal data, in structured format or as free-form text in medical records.
- Privacy Analytics has one of the most sophisticated re-identification attack simulation platforms available today - we can provide strong guarantees about the risk of re-identification by simulating different attacks on the data.
- Our team will ensure quick turn-around times.