During their rotation, the students actively participate in the dissemination of drug information while being supervised by a pharmacist whose expertise is in drug information. During their training, the students:
- refine their process for obtaining relevant background information to allow them to efficiently answer questions
- develop a systematic approach for identifying relevant sources of information
- critically appraise the literature
- summarize the data in a concise and accurate manner
- formulate and communicate a clear and comprehensive response to a request
- prioritize tasks
The students are also involved in publication writing and may be involved in a number of other activities.