We use a multi-therapeutic approach geared to get you feeling better as quickly as possible. We then working with you to help you stay well. Our approach is specific to your health concerns and can include any of the following;
For those of you who have been treated previously by chiropractors, and know what techniques you like and respond well to, we are proficient in the following:
- Diversified or Manual (Adjustments by hand)
- Activator (small mechanical tool)
- Cox distraction (lumbar flexion/distraction table)
- Thompson Technique (table drops with pressure)
- Various soft tissue or muscle techniques
- Extremity Adjusting (feet, wrists, elbows etc.)
– If you require xrays, we can take them at this clinic; no need to go elsewhere. All our doctors are trained to read xray films, allowing you to get answers quickly and conveniently.
– Our experienced therapists are trained in a variety of effective muscle relaxing techniques, delivered in a safe, professional setting. Hands-on treatment includes a combination of
- Swedish Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Deep Tissue Work
- Relaxation Massage
Whether your interest is therapeutic or relaxation (or both!), our registered massage therapists are available to help make a difference in the quality of your life!
You can book our therapists for sessions of 30 minutes, one hour (recommended for your first visit), or 90 minute intervals. You pick the time session best suited to your needs and finances
One hour gift certificates for Registered Massage Therapy are available.
– Acupuncture is a therapeutic method used to encourage the body's natural healing abilities, reduce inflammation, and promote physical and emotional well-being.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine disposable needles through the skin and tissues at specific points on the body. The number of treatments required will vary with each individual and the condition being treated.
Our doctors are certified to do medical (anatomical) acupuncture to help you feel your very best!
– To complement and enhance the healing effects of chiropractic care we have the following therapeutic modalities on site, should you require them. No need to go elsewhere!
- Interferential Current
- Muscle Stimulation Current
- Therapeutic Helium-Neon Laser
- Vibrotoner (mechanical massaging device)
- This specialized equipment is ideal for treating people who have degenerating discs, arthritic joints or scoliosis in their lower backs.
– Our doctors have been certified to do this muscle technique which is particularly helpful in reducing scar tissue and adhesions in muscles.
– The Graston Technique is a proven approach to treat soft-tissue injuries by isolating and releasing adhesions of the affected muscle to reduce pain and restore function. Graston instruments amplify the clinician's ability to identify adhesions. These instruments break apart the scarred tissue so that the damaged tissue will be reabsorbed. The intended inflammation created by the treatment "re-starts" the healing process, which properly aligns the tissue and restores desired function. Graston technique decreases overall time of treatment and fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery.
Only Medical doctors, chiropractors, occupational therapists etc accredited in Graston are qualified to use these Techniques.
Conditions treated with Graston include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonosis
- Running Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injury (shoulder pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfers Elbow
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Lumbar sprain/strain (back pain)
Need more information:
– Our doctors will recommend and teach special, specific exercises designed to strengthen and help correct your specific problems. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction by up to 30%.
– Our doctors can use this specialized taping technique to re-enforce muscles and ligaments during healing.
–Our team is here to “coach” you on certain activities to do or avoid, so you can have the best healing response possible. Ergonomics, sleep posture, smoking cessation etc., are all important lifestyle choices that our doctors and staff will be pleased to advise you about.
– Our doctors do a biomechanical and gait analysis and then create the imprints of your feet to be sent to the lab. You’ll then receive the most comfortable and corrective foot orthotics possible.
We provide adjustments to make sure that all 26 bones in your feet are moving properly before we make the imprint so that your foot orthotics are moulded to your ideal foot positioning.
– Our doctors can advise you in a number of nutritional concerns you may have. We can provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and health food choices to address your individual needs. We can also refer you to other nutritional experts for very complicated nutritional concerns.
– Our doctors are pleased and excited to give talks on a variety of different health topics. They do this in our clinic but can also come to your club, organization or workplace.