Are you a new immigrant looking for a job? Do you need help in finding a job or making a career transition in Ottawa? We can support you in all phases of your preparation for employment.
The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre is a non-profit organization that provides a range of employment support services to newcomers at no charge.
Our employment program has three parts:
Job Search Workshop (JSW):
The JSW is a 4 day process, held each Saturday, that covers the following areas:
Enhanced Language Training for IT Professionals (ELT):
- Local Job Market Analysis
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Skills and Mock Interview
- Individual Consultations on Job Readiness.
This program assists internationally trained professionals in IT to make the transition to equivalent careers in Canada. It covers the following areas:
The Services of a Job Developer
- IT Workplace Terminology Training
- Networking and Communication Skills
- Professional Job Placements of Various Lengths
- Job Referrals and Information Meetings with Prospective Employers.
The role of the Job Developer is to bring together employers in Ottawa and internationally trained newcomers.
- Matching the education and work experience of newcomers to employers鈥?needs in Ottawa.
- Working with Canadian employers to develop various forms of work exposure for newcomers, including co-op, intern, contract and permanent.
- Arranging work placements. In addition, we organize other employment related training and information sessions with local employers and/or employment placement agencies.
| Telephone: ||(613) 235-4875 |
| Fax: ||(613) 235-5466 |
| E-mail: |
| Address:/td> ||381 Kent St., Suite 208 |
Ottawa, ON K2P 2A8