Collaboration with intranets and portals
The role of intranets and portals in internal communications is changing. Historically, they were designed for the dissemination of corporate news and communications - essentially a top-down approach with limited collaboration. Today, intranets and portals are required to be more dynamic, supporting collaborative-driven publishing and content management as the culture of your workplace evolves. Employees today are well versed in the democratic, collaborative approach of web communities like Facebook and Twitter.
Moving your internal and external websites from "web-enabled" to "portal-enabled" is one of the best and fastest ways to leap ahead of the competition. This will strengthen customer and partner relationships, motivate employees, cut costs and create new and innovative business models.
Realizing the benefits of portals
The traditional benefits of portals have been well documented:
- Increased Productivity. Through a single point of access for all of a member’s enterprise transaction and performance data.
- Improved Management Decision Support. In conjunction with modules such as Workflow and EPM, portals enable quicker and better coordinated decision-making.
- Improved Communications. Communicate key messages and manage them more effectively with content management functionality.
Today's business challenges have brought additional benefits to the forefront:
- Lower IT Overhead. A unifying technology platform combined with a single point of access can lower development and maintenance costs.
- Integration Enabler. Portals are increasingly being used as the point-of-access for the integration of an organization's multiple and mission critical legacy systems.
NLC offers strategic intranet and portal development and consulting services that encompass:
Business strategy and planning development including governance and taxonomy
High-level intranet and portal architecture and wireframes
Design and information architecture
Portal user interface design
End-to-end portal programming services
Navigate through our other Intranets and Enterprise Collaboration links: