Montessori Early Years
Our mission at mey is to offer the highest quality advice, materials, and opportunities for parents, schools, and organizations to provide 0-6 year old children with optimal educational and developmental experiences based on Montessori principles.
mey offers a variety of home services and packages designed to help you set up your home in a way that will provide many benefits for your child and yourself. We also offer a variety of services for schools and organizations - providing pedagogical guidance, creating Montessori environments, evaluation of student teachers, etc.
MONTESSORI IN THE HOME
Home Set-up using Montessori Principles
Practical advice on how to set up your home Montessori style so that your child will gain confidence, independence, and positive self-esteem.
- This will not only benefit all children but will also be of great value for those who are attending or planning to attend a Montessori school, other private school, public school, or home school.
What is Montessori? Insights into helping your child
A series of discussions, PowerPoint presentation, and videos covering a variety of topics, including information on child development, early childhood education, and practical suggestions and materials for use in the home. Available for individuals and groups.
- Montessori principles - what are they? - what can they do for your child?
- Child development - know your child! Information on how your child develops and what he or she can do at various ages: Birth to 2 months; 2-6 months; crawling-walking (6-12 months); and toddlers (12-36 months)
- Montessori home environment - how you can foster your child's development
- Activities for your child's development and interest - practical suggestions and a range of materials for purchase
Materials 2 months - 6 years old
Developmental materials for infants, toddlers and young children designed to aid gross-motor, fine-motor and language skills, while offering opportunities for repetition, lengthening concentration, gaining confidence and independence.
- We also carry a selection of furniture suitable for young children.
Mastering the Fundamentals!
What every parent wants to know!! Advice on how to help your child:
- Toilet learning
Help your Child Learn to Read 2 - 6 year olds
Individual tuition for children using materials that will help them master reading skills and advice for parents on how to help them
- Half hour or one hour sessions
- Series of 10 one hour sessions
Montessori Math 3 - 6 year olds
Developing math skills with concrete materials following a Montessori curriculum.
Camp at Home! 2 - 6 year olds
Have fun with seasonal camp activities in your home for your child and friends. Camps available on a variety of topics - contact us for details and suggestions. Can be adapted for birthdays and other occasions.
Music Time 45 min for 2 & 3 yr 1 hour for 3 - 5 yr
Music Time in your home for your child and some friends with a Montessori and Kindermusik trained teacher.
BIRTHDAY WISHES REGISTRY
Register your child's birthday wishes with mey
CHRISTMAS WISHES REGISTRY
Register your child's Christmas wishes with mey
- Baby Showers
- Mothers Day & Fathers Day
PERSONALIZED PACKAGES - for Individuals and Groups
Consultation for general or specific needs and interests - please contact us to discuss your personal or group package.
HOME SCHOOLING GROUPS
Our materials and activities are complementary for home based learners.
SCHOOLS AND ORGANIZATIONS
mey offers a variety of services for pre-schools, schools, and organizations:
- Montessori methods and philosophy
- pedagogical matters
- school organization
- creating Infant and Toddler environments
- mentoring young teachers
- we carry out evaluations of student teachers (Assistance to Infants level) for the AMI Institute in Denver
- PD day workshops
- pre-admission services: opportunity for parents and children to become familiar with the Montessori approach and principles before admission to the school. Also suitable for families on waiting lists.