ISS/Casework Services - ISS SSI
Counselling, Adoption, Service And Support
Crossing borders in service and support of children and families
ISS services are provided to family members who are separated by international borders.
| Field of competence || Services |
|Family conflict || |
- Psycho social support in resolving intercultural difficulties and conflicts relating to parental and visiting rights, guardianship, placement of children with extended family, parental responsibility, etc.
|Family reunification || |
- Social evaluation of individual family members with a view to possible reunification
- Psycho social and administrative support throughout the process of reunification.
|Child Abduction || |
- Locating and obtaining information on the welfare of the abducted child;
- Assistance in re-establishing contact between the abducted child and the parent deprived of access;
- Social report on the living environment of the child and family;
- Counselling on legal rights
|Alternative care || |
- Social assessment on extended family members as potential future carers in order to assist in decisions regarding the most appropriate solution for the child.
|International Adoption || |
- Adoptability assessment of the child and his/her living conditions
- Home study on prospective adoptive parents living outside their country of origin;
- Social assessments on family members in respect of a proposed relative adoption;
- Counselling of biological parents and, if appropriate, obtaining their consent to the adoption;
- Post adoption evaluations;
- Transmission of reports to the appropriate national authorities;
- Advocacy on behalf of the best interests of the minor concerned.
|Search of origin || |
- Assistance in tracing biological family members living abroad
|Unaccompanied minors || |
- Counselling and assistance to minors in the receiving country;
- Locating family in the country of origin and helping to re-establish contact;
- Providing social reports on the family situation in the country of origin;
- Advocacy on behalf of the best interests of the minor concerned;
- In cases of return to the country of origin, preparation and follow up of the child and family.
, Biological Family
, Biological Parents
, Family Reunification
, Home Study
, international adoption
, Mediation Family
, Service And Support