MOLDING AND CUSTOM BOOTS
Il Peloton offers custom boots by taking fibreglass foot casts - an exact print of your foot and ankle in the correct skating position. The molds are then shipped to the factory where custom lasts are made from the molds. Your boots are then made with these lasts.
Il Peloton staff have been trained by some of the best fitters in the industry, including Alex Bont and Glenn Koshi. Our staff have the knowledge and experience to ensure that your feet are correctly molded.
We work directly with the manufacturer to make sure that your custom boots meet your specifications.
Note that we do not retain casts for any period of time, nor do we recommend using old casts. Feet change over time (especially skaters' feet!) and the only way to ensure a perfect fit is to have a mold that is up-to-date.
Fees and conditions
1. Our molding fee is $100CDN including labour and material. Shipping is extra.
2. Shipping and molding fees are included in the custom boot price.
3. Custom molding fees are non-refundable.
4. Custom boots are non-refundable and full payment is required in advance.
5. We will provide you with an expected delivery date at the time of your order: production time varies widely depending on the time of the year.
6. Please contact Il Peloton to book an appointment for a molding session: a molding session takes approximately 1 hour.
P.S. :Bont Z, Bont Vaypor and the Bont Semi Race are available in full custom format.
If you are a skater living outside the Ottawa region, please note that Il Peloton travels across Canada and in the US: check our news update to know where we will be in the coming weeks.
This means changing a boot from it's stock format - other than changing to short track or long track format (The Jet, Apache and Vaypor are available in all formats). Semi custom can mean getting two different sizes for one pair or making a boot wide (but not narrow). Semi custom adds $50 to the boot cost, and the boot then becomes non-returnable, non refundable. Please make sure of sizing before you place a semi custom order! Faxes of foot tracings direct to us can be used to determine size, or if semi custom is necessary. We will then add $50 to the boot cost.