The Canada Labour Code and provincial legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and the Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety in Quebec, require owners of buildings with asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) to manage those materials in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Greenough Environmental Consulting Inc. (GEC) provides ACM management and abatement planning for buildings throughout Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. GEC’s best tool to manage ACMs in buildings is the Asbestos Management Plan or AMP.
- Provides common terms of reference for the safe operation and management of a building containing asbestos;
- Is a central depository of information for each facility;
- Helps ensure compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislation;
- Articulates the roles and responsibilities of those who must work with or around asbestos;
- Conveys the accepted procedures for working with asbestos materials;
- Sets guidelines and describes acceptable work practices for all facility maintenance, alteration, repair or other activities that may disturb asbestos;
- Provides ongoing re-assessment of ACMs; and
- Includes policies for the inspection of work, air monitoring, and worker training.
GEC will tailor the AMP to meet the requirements of any applicable legislation including:
- Ontario Regulation 278/05 Designated Substance – Asbestos on Construction Project and in Building and Repair Operations; and
- Safety Code for the Construction Industry For Work Liable to Produce Asbestos Dust Emissions (Quebec R.S.Q., Chapter S2.1, r.6, Section 3.23).
GEC also provides the following Asbestos Management services:
- Asbestos abatement project specifications (NMS Format);
- Abatement inspections and air monitoring;
- Abatement project and contractor management; and
- Asbestos awareness training for contractors, building management and building maintenance staff
With 30 years’ experience and comprehensive professional expertise, Greenough Environmental Consulting Inc. (GEC) will give you the tools you need to make sure asbestos-containing materials in your building are managed in accordance with the most stringent health and safety legislation, while keeping your projects on time and on budget. Contact us today to find out how we can help.