Personal Trainer & Physiotherapist
My clients appreciate the fact that I am a Professional Personal Trainer and a Physiotherapist. As a Personal Trainer, I bring an understanding of fitness. As a Physiotherapist, I bring my medical training to the table. The combination of these two disciplines means that you have a trained medical professional and Personal Trainer who:
- Has a comprehensive understanding of sports conditioning to design and guide you through your exercise program.
- Ensures that you achieve your health and fitness goals in a medically sound fashion.
- Avoids those nasty “flare ups” that can sideline you and discourage you from starting again.
I offer the following services:
I am a member of the following professional organizations:
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
For the past two years I have been the Ontario Director of the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Benefits of a Professional Personal Trainer
I believe that commitment to regular exercise is easier to do under professional support and guidance. Having someone at your side who can provide the correct direction and encouragement while keeping you moving forward (by avoiding injury) will dramatically affect whether you stick with your program or not.
Whether you’re looking to make your “day to day” activities feel easy or participate in your first road race, I believe that each person can reach the goals they set for themselves. The potential of the human body is amazing and can always be tapped whether your 14 or 94!
Your Personal Training Exercise Program
Your program will include exercises that allow you to release, re-educate and re-build. My assessment will draw upon my experience as a medical professional and as a Personal Trainer and incorporate sound, safe exercises and activities - at a pace that will allow you to achieve your goals.
The program I design for your will:
- Address postural imbalances, increase muscle flexibility and improve the range of motion of the joint. Your program will correct or release the restrictions that you may have relating to your sport.
- I will re-educate your body to the most ideal posture and movement patterns within your newly acquired range of motion.
- I will provide sport-specific muscular strengthening and conditioning exercises to re-build and improve performance.
When is the Best Time to Start?
The sooner you start a comprehensive exercise program, the sooner you will achieve your health and fitness goals. And, of course, you will feel better!