Espial TV Browser (WebKit, Evo, Escape
Browser, Internet Standards
High Performance TV Browser
Espial TV Browser has been commercially deployed across a wide range of market segments and device categories including:
- Consumer Electronics
- IP Set-Top Boxes
- Wireless Handheld Devices
- Internet Appliances
- Digital TVs
- Information and Infotainment Kiosks
Features & Benefits
- WebKit-based core engine (used by both Google Chrome browser and Apple Safari) provide support for evolving web content.
- Support vertical market standards - HbbTV, OpenIPTV Forum, DVB, MHP, OCAP, ARIB BML and OSGi.
- 2D (remote control) navigation for TV
- Portability Layer - enables easy porting to new platforms. Proven on variety of chipsets such as Intel, Sigma, STMicro, Broadcom, Toshiba and operating systems such as Linux, Wind River, and Microsoft.
- Fully customizable user interface - supports brand and user experiece.
- Open SDK and API - extend scripting to expose device capabilities to 3rd party content developers.
- International - support double-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) and right-to-left characters (Arabic, Hebrew), as well as an input method framework.
- Modular architecture - develop applications based on the performance capabilities of the device. Applications can be optimized for low-end resource-constrained devices and extended for more powerful devices.
- Internet / Web Video - YouTube
- Social Networking - Facebook, MySpace
- Internet Browsing
- Walled Garden
- Video-On-Demand Portal - Movies, TV Shows
- News Portal
- Weather Portal
- Sports Portal
- Games Portal
, Internet Standards