ATC MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS TOWER
ACI 80 MOBILE COMMUNICATIONSTOWER
The ACI 80 Communications Control Tower is designedto meet the need for "rapid deployment communications" for military andcivil uses.
The cab is designed to be transportable by roadon a light (3/4 ton) truck, and by air in such aircraft as the DeHavillandBuffalo, C-130, or any of the larger civil airplanes. The window sectionof the cab lowers into the base section for ease of transport and for security.The cab is insulated, heated, and air-conditioned, enabling it to be usedin a wide variety of climatic conditions.
Placing the cab into operation on arrival at thesite can be accomplished in about 15 minutes by 2 men:
- Crank up the window section
- Remove generator from cab and plug in electrical connector
- Remove air conditioner and attach to roof fitting
- Attach meteorological mast to cab corner
- Attach radio masts to cab corners
- Apply power, battery or generator
- All equipment required is securely stowed within thecab in the cranked down position. Lock position is supplied.
- A battery bank provides all power needed for operations.The generator is needed for heating, air conditioning and battery charging.
- Window glass is single pane laminate. Double paneis an arctic option
- Cab can be placed on any suitable structure and guyeddown; on top of a building, or left on the ground.
- Space for two operators, one is normally adequate
- In storage, cab is airtight and equipment is protectedfrom humidity
- Can be handled by crane or fork-lift truck. Mountedon logitudinal skids with towing eyes.
©2002-2010 Audor Communications Inc.