The Triage® BNP Test
A rapid, objective point-of-care immunoassay used:
This test is CLIA waived for use with whole-blood samples.
- as an aid in the diagnosis of CHF
- as an aid in the assessment of severity of CHF
- for the risk stratification of patients with ACS
- for the risk stratification of patients with HF
The Triage® BNP Test is the first objective measurement for heart failure.
- The only CLIA waived blood test measuring B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP)
- Cardiac hormone produced by the heart ventricles in response to ventricular volume expansion and pressure overload1
- Excellent hormonal marker of ventricular systolic and diastolic dysfunction2
The Triage® BNP Test provides meaningful diagnostic information:
- 98 percent diagnostic accuracy in initial studies versus all other clinical findings
in patients with or without disease history3
- Quantitative and accurate, rapid results help differentiate nonspecific signs and symptoms (dyspnea)3 with results in approximately 15 minutes
- 98 percent specificity using a 100 pg/mL cutoff4
- >98 percent negative predictive value utilizing 100 pg/mL cutoff*4
- Corrected 96 percent of misdiagnoses of patients with suspected heart failure in initial studies3
- Diagnostic accuracy confirmed for:
- Early- and late-stage heart failure in point-of-care setting3
- Patients with normal and abnormal ejection fractions4
- Studies indicate that BNP is predictive of systolic and diastolic left ventricular dysfunction3
- BNP levels are not influenced by hypertension, diabetes, renal insufficiency, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease4
* The Triage BNP Test is intended for use with the Triage Meters for the rapid in vitro quantitative measurement of B-Type Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) in human whole-blood or plasma specimens using EDTA as the anticoagulant.
†Negative predictive value (NPV) was calculated to reflect the incidence of heart failure, according to data from the American Heart Association 2000 Heart and Stroke Statistical Update and Health, United States, 2000 (National Center for Health Statistics).
See Triage BNP Test Product Insert for full information