|Tap ||Lyrical ||Musical Theatre |
|Jazz ||Acro ||Song & Dance |
|Ballet ||Open ||Contemporary |
|Pointe ||Hip Hop ||Adult |
The following rules apply within the categories:
- Tap – no pre-recorded tap sounds permitted in music
- Jazz – maximum of two tricks allowed (otherwise, please enter in acro or open)
- Regardless of whether a routine is entered correctly or not in a category, judges will mark on the student’s ability and make a decision if necessary to move their mark to an alternate category for placement. Entries will still be awarded their mark during the session performed.
Regardless of whether a routine is entered correctly or not in a category, judges will mark on the student’s ability and make a decision if necessary to move their mark to an alternate category for placement. Entries will still be awarded their mark during the session performed.
OVERALL DIVISIONAL GROUPINGS
|Mini Division ||ages 5 - 8 |
|Junior Division ||ages 9 -11 |
|Intermediate Division ||ages 12 -14 |
|Senior Division ||ages 15 - 17 |
|Pre-Professional Division ||ages 18 + |
|Financiers! (parents' routines) ||n/a |
ENTRIES WITHIN AGE DIVISIONS
|Solo ||Individual entry |
|Duet / Trios ||Two & Three students |
|Groups ||Four to nine students |
|Lines ||10 – 15 students |
|Extended Line or Production ||16+ students |
- All solos, duets/trios, groups and lines will compete in individual age categories. However, overall awards will be presented by DIVISIONAL GROUPINGS. Novice and Amateur will have their own Overalls.
- Acro and Musical Theatre will have separate Overalls for Novice, Amateur and Competitive
- All solos will compete in their age category according to their age as of December 31st.
- Duets, Trios, Groups, Lines and Productions must all be entered as average age and drop the decimal.
CLASSIFICATION OF ABILITY
- Students who have never competed in any solo before.
- Student may have competed in duets and trios for one year only; more experience in duets and trios will eliminate their novice status.
- Groups and lines that consist of 70% novice students.
- Students registered up to only 5 hours per week of training classes
- Students registered 6 or more hours per week of training classes
- Routines where the age is 18+
- Any routine that includes a participant who is a paid dance professional
|Solos, Duets & Trios ||2.5 minutes (3 minutes max for ballet & lyrical) |
|Groups, Lines ||3.5 minutes max |
|Productions ||10 minutes max |
Please call with production details for scheduling
No penalties will be involved for routines overtime however, if abused may result in disqualification of overall placement.