Hosted Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Hosted Blackberry Server Express (BES Express)
Stratnet IGI™ offers a software platform that connects your blackberry mobile device to messaging and collaboration software such as Microsoft Exchange on enterprise networks. It is able to keep your email, calendar, and contacts synchronized and consistent between your blackberry device and main network.
Stratnet IGI™ is introducing the Blackberry® Enterprise Server (BES) Express offering from RIM® , bringing affordable mobility to Blackberry users.
BES Express is a new product targeted at small and medium businesses (SMBs) that do not need the comprehensive full Blackberry BES feature set used by large enterprises.
Most SMBs do not take advantage of all the features available in the full Blackberry BES. With BES Express, all the features for accessing e-mail and other common tasks are included at an affordable cost.
BES Express provides most of the key features available in the full version of BES, such as:
- Wirelessly synchronize e-mail, calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks
- Manage e-mail folders and search e-mail on the mail server remotely
- Book meetings and appointments, check availability, and forward calendar attachments
- Set an out-of-office reply
- Edit Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files using DataViz® Documents To Go®
- Access files stored on the company network
- Use mobile applications to access business systems behind the firewall
- Supports thousands of applications available at Blackberry App World™
- Delivers more than 35 IT controls and policies compared to the 450 IT controls and policies included with the full BES
- Remotely wipe a Smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
- Offers full BES level of security safeguards
BES Express differences compared to full BES include:
- No Blackberry Mobile Data System (MDS) support for application management
- No instant messaging support or support for premium solutions such as Microsoft Office Communication Server, Enterprise Social Networking Solutions, Chalk® Pushcast Software, and BlackBerry Mobile Voice System
- BES Express is a new product and users must be deactivated and reactivated when switching to the full BES offering
Stratnet IGI's BES Express will attract businesses looking to integrate Microsoft Exchange with a mobility service offering more than the basic features carriers such as Bell and Rogers include with the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). For a comparison between the different Blackberry servers, refer to the Blackberry comparison chart: Blackberry Comparison Chart.
As business demands for mobility services grow, clients can switch from BES Express to the full BES offering. The BES Express offering allows clients to pay for only the level of BES functionality required and switch up to full BES or switch down to BES Express as needed.