Ottawa Dental Emergency Procedures
Place D'orleans Dental
At Place D'Orleans Dental Office we will always make every attempt to see patients in need of assistance with a dental emergency.
We are located in the mall which makes us very accessible with free parking plus you benefit from our extended evening hours and Saturday schedule.
Dental Emergency Procedures Can Help Save a Tooth
- If a tooth is knocked out, hold the tooth by the crown and rinse the root in water if it's dirty. Do NOT scrub it or remove any attached tissue fragments. If you can, gently place the tooth back in its socket or store it in a cup of milk and head for the dentist (with the tooth) immediately.
- If you break a tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water to keep the area clean and apply cold compresses on your face to reduce swelling. Go to the dentist immediately with the fragment which should also be kept in milk.
- Treat a bitten tongue or lip by cleaning gently with a cloth and applying cold compresses to reduce swelling. If bleeding is heavy or doesn't stop after a short time, seek immediate treatment from your dentist.
- If a toothache is getting you down, rinse your mouth with warm water, gently floss to remove food that may be trapped around it and see your dentist as soon as possible.
- A jaw injury or possible fracture needs immediate attention at your dentist's office. Apply cold compresses on the way to reduce swelling.
- If a loose or broken wire from your braces is irritating your mouth, cover the wire end with a small cotton ball, beeswax or a piece of gauze until you can get to the dentist. Seek immediate treatment if a wire gets stuck in the cheek, tongue or gum tissue, but don't try to pull it out yourself.
Contact Place D'orleans Dental
Email - none provided
Print this page