Route Five International Inc. - Business Development. Strategy. Marketing & Sales. Human Performance - Business Development
Route Five International
Marketing, Business Development, Sales And Marketing
Route Five International Inc. - Business Development. Strategy. Marketing & Sales. Human Performance.
| Business Development
Although many companies see business development (the art of winning profitable new business relationships) as an integral part of their growth strategy, most sales people are not properly trained in the special skills required to be successful.Consider the following: |
- Research shows that in order to engage interest in a prospect your value proposition should be delivered within 10 seconds in a cold call, 20 seconds in a personal meeting (networking), or 2 minutes in a formal presentation.
- 80% of all new business is signed after the 5th meeting with a prospect and 90% of all sales people will have quit after the 4th.
- 8% of sales people produce 60% of all new business.
- Most sales people spend less than 30% of their time actually engaged with clients or prospects.
- 67% of all sales people do not ask for an order, or a commitment from their prospect to move forward, after a new business presentation.
- 70% of all leads generated by traditional sales and marketing activities are never followed up.
We teach and coach a disciplined process and specific tactics for overcoming these statistics and deploying an effective business development process in your organization.Planning: S.M.A.R.T. goals and objective setting
- The average salesperson spends 45 minutes per day just looking for things.
Value Propositions: develop and articulate how you bring value to clients in a clear and compelling mannerOrganizing: Managing 3 key areas - time, space, and knowledge.Prospecting: pre-approach, approach and follow up strategies using 4 main tactics Powerful Presentations: connect and read your audienceWriting Effective Proposals: understand your client’s definition of valueNegotiation Techniques: removing barriers to create agreementPerformance Management: stepping outside your comfort zone
|"Thanks you so much for your help! The individualized coaching helped me to operationalize strategies for success so well that my Personal Business Development Plan was shared with the other consultants in the company."Josie Woodson, Psy.D., |
Educational and Clinical Assessment Consultant,
Multi-Health Systems Inc.
, Sales And Marketing
, Value Proposition