For industrial processes which require a controlled source of hot flue gases, Bigelow-Liptak has developed a complete line of hot air furnaces fired by gas, oil, coal or a variety of waste fuels.
Our furnace designs can accommodate pressurized, negative or balanced draft operation. Any fabrication code can be utilized, from ASME to most international requirements.
Thermal outputs from 1 MM Btu/hr (0.25x106 kCal/h) through 400 MM Btu/hr (100x106 kCal/hr) are available in horizontal or vertical configurations. A variety of refractory lining systems are available including brick, castable, plastic or ceramic fiber.
The majority of our furnaces, however, utilize our unique air-cooled, air-inlet suspended construction.This style of lining offers a number of advantages including:
- Air-cooled steel shell
- Air-cooling of the suspended refractory construction
- Air sweep of the hot face of the suspended refractory wall
- Increased service life
- Minimal heat loss, resulting in high thermal efficiency
- Allows for accelerated start-ups
- Uniform outlet temperatures due to the progressive introduction of the dilution air.
With hundreds of Bigelow-Liptak hot air furnaces installed worldwide, we have the experience to handle any air heating application.