Clinical Packaging Services
Combined with our integrated formulation/analytical development services and Clinical Trial Material (CTM) supplies, Patheon can take your project directly to clinical studies with the addition of our new Clinical Packaging services.
Patheon’s Clinical Packaging Services include:
- Clinical packaging for virtually all dosage forms
- Primary and secondary packaging formats
- Customized global distribution solutions to clinical sites
- Comparator product procurement
- Packaging and labeling of blinded and open label materials
- Design and printing of multi-language labels
- CTM storage capabilities including ambient, refrigerated and frozen temperatures
- Ability to support Special Access Programs/Emergency Drug Release (SAP/EDR) Programs
- Drug returns, accountability and reconciliation services
- Drug destruction services
- In-house European QP release staff
- Experienced clinical packaging professionals
These integrated services are carried out by our experienced clinical packaging professionals at our dedicated GMP compliant clinical packaging facility.
With clinical packaging capabilities available for virtually all dosage forms, Patheon can prepare customized patient kits to meet the needs of any clinical trial phase. The packaged kits can be stored on site by Patheon at various controlled temperature conditions, including ambient, refrigerated and frozen, until they are efficiently shipped to virtually any investigator site worldwide. Excess and expired materials can be reconciled and destroyed by Patheon including the issuance of a certificate of destruction.
For increased compliance and efficiency, Patheon Global Clinical Packaging can also support IVRS studies which aid in patient enrollment, trial randomization, and clinical supply management needs.
By introducing this new service we are now able to provide a seamless offering from formulation and analytical development to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of clinical supplies throughout the development process. All from one global partner.