For many years customers asked if Microsys could help them improve the productivity of their barrier and sled testing process just as SureFire had done so successfully for airbag testing. Microsys listened and in 2003 released a suite of software and hardware products for the crash test market.
In addition to offering our own products, Microsys has alliances with many of the major equipment providers, allowing customers to order a complete crash test facility from Microsys.
Many customers prefer to have a single company provide the instrumentation for their sled or barrier facility. This "turnkey" approach improves communication and schedule coordination among the vendors. It also simplifies post-installation support by removing "finger-pointing".
The Microsys approach to providing a turnkey crash facility combines instrumentation from our partners with Microsys planning, project management, control software, installation, training and support.
- For data acquisition systems: DTS and Kayser Threde
- For high speed cameras: IDT, Vision Research, NAC
- For HMI lighting: KHS
- For dummies: Humanetics
Microsys products for barrier and sled testing include:
SureFire software is modular product that can be configured to control some or all of the test instrumentation in a crash facility.
- Data acquisition system control
- High-speed camera control
- Photographic light system control
- Management of facility safety issues
- Trigger distribution and signal management
iMotion is compatible with most Redlake and Vision Research Phantom cameras.
PowerPlay provides all necessary crash analysis functions. Major features include:
- Image viewing and image enhancement
- AVI creation
- Sensor viewing and analysis
- Synchronized image and sensor analysis
- Injury criteria
- Report generation
A huge challenge in the crash world is keeping tabs on the status of all your critical data peripherals such as the high-speed imagers and DAS units that collect test data. Most systems have no effective way to distribute the arming and trigger signals to active devices nor to tell the fire (propulsion) control system that some device has a fault and to not continue with the test!
SMART connects all the pieces so now you can know the status of all your critical data peripherals at a single glance…
- Monitors all imagers and DAS units for availability
- Distributes the arming signals to all cameras & DAS networks
- Distributes the trigger signal to all cameras and DAS networks
- Inhibits “start of test” if a fault is detected
For further information including literature, pricing or to request a visit, please select one of the following: