Xplore Technologies - Rugged Pioneer
data protection, solid state, Protection System
Pioneer and Leader
- Over 14 years of experience in engineering, testing, producing and delivering rugged tablet computing solutions
- In 2002, launched the industries first fully rugged Tablet PCi (X104) based on Microsoft's new OS
- Continued investment in research, development and product generation improvements culminating in the 2010 launch of the company's 5th generation system in the iX104C5 family
- Established Voice of the Customer product development methodology which drives the engineering and implementation of critical rugged, wireless, performance and expansion capabilities
- Systems successfully deployed globally across breadth of mobile vertical market customers - strong reputation, trusted source and recognized leader in rugged Tablet computing industry
- Ongoing commitment and investments in market and channel partner development in the rugged mobility market
- Accidental operational drops, bumps and knocks
- Extreme hot and cold temperatures High shock and random vibration
- Protection from ingress of dust, sand, water and other contaminants
- Corrosive environments such as salt fog, fungus and solar radiation
- Hazardous Locations
iX104 products feature over 30 unique RUGGED design characteristics to withstand damage in harsh environments:
- High Density Magnesium Alloy Chassis
A custom multi-layer enclosure, compression seals, structural frame, ISO-damp cushioning for LCD and specialized Hard Drive mounting.
- Contoured Bumper Protection System
Protects the product on all three (X,Y,Z) Axis for a total of 26 different directions (all sides, corners and edges).
- Thermal Management System
A combination of conductive heat transfer and forced convection cooling in sealed "finned" transfer bay.
- Pin and Pad Docking Connector & XPL
Expansion Ports-gold coated pogo-pin style docking connector for high throughput providing rugged, sealed connection and expansion capabilities for system growth.
- Drops, Bumps, and Knocks
The internal frame, outer chassis, and bumpers work in concert to absorb, deflect and dissipate energy. The iX104 handles drops, while operating, from 4ft directly to concrete.
- Multi-Faceted Data Protection System
Includes external and internal shock dampening, in addition to a custom-engineered drive carrier, Solid State Drives and optional RAID (0,1) for data redundancy
- Vibration & Shock
iX104 products are subjected to and pass Military Standards for Transit & Crash Shock and Random, Vehicular and Truck Vibration. Police cars, fire trucks, army tanks, submarines, coast guard boats, service trucks, fork trucks, manufacturing lines, shunt trucks..Xplore's iX104 has been there!
- Piston Gasketing Technology
Dust, Sand and Water- iX104 products are IP67 certified, which means that they are totally protected against all dust low pressure jets of water from all directions!
Testing and Certifications
The iX104C5 is independently-tested and certified by third-party facilities to ensure it performs reliably in demanding and harsh environments.
It is important to note that although companies may claim MIL STD 810G and IP design elements, Xplore has documented these test parameters and results, and warranties its products to these published specifications.
More importantly, Xplore's rugged products have been tested in real life applications as Xplore's global family of satisfied customers rapidly expands across a variety of vertical markets.
- MIL-STD-810G: The Military Standard for Environmental Testing and Engineering Guidelines (MIL-STD-810G)
- MIL-STD-810G is used for determining the effects of natural and induced (man-made) environments on products intended for use in harsh outdoor or mobile environments
- Includes guidance for accelerated or aggravated testing during the design process to assess product suitability for the environmental conditions anticipated throughout its life cycle
- IP67: IEC International or Ingress Protection (IP) rating testing classifies the degrees of protection provided against the intrusion of solid objects (including body parts like hands and fingers), dust, accidental contact, and water in electrical enclosures
- UL1604 (C1D2)/ATEX: Hazardous Location (HazLoc) Certifications validate that products will not cause ignition in highly combustible environments
- 461F: Higher grade of military emissions testing as defined by MIL-STD
, Magnesium Alloy
, Protection System
, Solar Radiation
, solid state
, Solid State Drives
Contact Ange-gabriel Ecole
Email - none provided
Print this page