AJB has always treated security as a paramount objective. AJB was one of the first payment applications that applied for and achieved Payment Applications Best Practices (PABP) certification. We work diligently with our auditor Ambiron-Trustwave to complete our PABP audit on an annual basis.
AJB is also proud to be a part of the PCI Standards Body. Through this newly formed organization AJB hopes to provide input into future security standards. We aim to be a leader not a follower in every aspect of payment security. AJB will be quick to pass on useful insight to our merchant base as we learn from the PCI Standards Body meetings.
Beyond our PABP certification some of the things we do include:
- Criminal background of all employees every two years
- Criminal background and credit checks of all new employees prior to offer of employment
- All employees are in-house and work out of our Toronto office. We do not outsource any work
- Strict policies against every receiving or storing sensitive data
- Nightly network sweeps for any sensitive data
- Regular network penetration tests by a third party application
We would like to point out that PCI certification is the responsibility of the merchant. A software vendor like AJB cannot become PCI certified; we can only become PABP certified. However, merchants need to use PABP certified applications in order to become PCI certified.
If you have any question on AJB’s security policies or practices please contact Naresh Bangia, President, at 416-620-8808.