SMART products facilitate whole-class instruction and active learning. They help you focus attention and guide student’s process as well as capture students’ interest and engage their curiosity. Students can use the products to collaborate with each other, investigate new ideas and create projects that demonstrate their learning.
The SMART Board interactive whiteboard is used to teach over 18 million students in more than 600,000 classrooms in more than 175 countries worldwide. Over the past few years, SMART has sold more interactive whiteboards than all other manufacturers combined.
Advanced Education provides products and services which enable teachers to engage and motivate all students in the learning process. The inclusive classroom must engage all learners in the manner that best suits their learning style. Technology makes it possible to differentiate classroom instruction in a manner that engages visual, kinesthetic, and aural learners in a way that was not possible a few years ago.
A SMART Board interactive whiteboard is a combination of three pieces of equipment linked together:
- A basic computer - typically a Mac or a PC
- A basic projector
- A touch-sensitive screen - the interactive whiteboard
Using a SMART Board is simple!
Using just a finger, you can control computer applications, write notes, pull up charts and images, search the Internet, play videos, distribute the lesson to the class and save your work. It is ideal for whole-class teaching as it not only removes the need to have large groups huddled around a single computer screen but also involves students in the lesson.
It is no exaggeration to say that by combining the simplicity of a whiteboard and projector with the power of a computer, the SMART Board interactive whiteboard has captivated students around the world and even transformed the provision of education internationally. .
The SMART Board interactive whiteboard has the flexibility to engage all learning styles.
- Visual learners can easily see colorful, movable images and diagrams that the interactive whiteboard displays, even from the back of the classroom
- Kinesthetic learners can interact and explore by moving letters, numbers, words and pictures with the touch of a finger
- Auditory learners can be immersed in a complete multimedia experience using optional USB speakers or SMART Audio