"Without the combination of VMware and Riverbed’s Steelhead WAN Optimization appliances we could never have achieved consolidation and improved WAN performance at our branch offices."
—Mandi Turner, Director of Information Technology, Greenebaum Doll & McDonald
Riverbed can simplify companies' IT infrastructure by reducing the need for as many servers and upgrades, and by lessening security risks.
It’s easy to virtualize desktop environments with Steelhead appliances and Steelhead Mobile client software from Riverbed. Eliminate underutilized, hard-to-manage servers in remote locations and improve maintenance cycles. IT administrators manage fewer large servers in a central location instead of potentially thousands of remote devices. End users notice little or no change in their daily operations. Your business benefits from a consolidated IT infrastructure, lower costs, more security, and happy end users.
Accelerate Application Performance to Enable IT Consolidation
Realize dramatic increases in speed.
- Accelerate application performance, typically by 5-50 times and in some cases by up to 100 times.
- Achieve LAN-like performance for remote users with a 90 percent reduction in WAN traffic.
- Improve end user desktop and application response times.
- Increase user satisfaction and improve employee productivity.
- Improve data security through centralized management.
Optimize Virtualization for IT initiatives
Accelerate applications, reduce network traffic, and lower costs.
- Reduce WAN traffic by 90 percent.
- Eliminate costly server space and increase WAN capacity across the enterprise.
- Easily scale to hundreds or thousands of branch offices and mobile workers.
- Eliminate need to increase bandwidth capacity, reduce bandwidth utilization by 50 percent, and improve application access by up to 90 percent.
- Eliminate bandwidth and latency limitations on the WAN.
- Maximize speed for virtual desktops.