May 26th, 2011
The spring real estate market in urban Milton has been interesting to say the least.
Here are some statistics for you.
2010 – 60 day period (April and May)
- Resale Homes Sold = 420
- Average Sale Price = $391,082.00
- Average Days On Market (includes conditional period) = 16
2011 – 60 day period (April and May)
- Resale Homes Sold = 387(Down 8% over same period in 2010)
- Average Sale Price = $410,307.00(Up 5% over same period in 2010)
- Average Days On Market (includes conditional period) = 18
Stats were compiled from the Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board. December 14th, 2009
The 2009 Ontario Budget proposed a single, value-added sales tax, which is intended to come into effect on July 1, 2010. One industry that will be significantly impacted by this new measure is the housing industry. This release discusses additional details provided in the information notice published by the Ontario government on November 19, 2009 (“Bulletin”).