Why do I need Proactive Electrical Services?
- Prevent downtime
- Reduce risk of electrical failure and fire
- Reduction in utility costs
- Help control your electrical budget
- Insurance certification
By proactively testing and maintaining your electrical distribution system, we will identify and diagnose anomalies before they lead to problems that can result in catastrophic failure or fire. Furthermore, electrical problems that produce heat are wasting electricity, leaving you paying more on your hydro bill! Finally, because of the widely recognized value of Proactive Electrical Services, many insurance providers will offer rebates to customers who are regularly maintaining their systems and reducing their risk.
What is Proactive Electrical Service?
Proactive Electrical Service is a complete solution that involves Energized and De-Energized testing of your facility's electrical distribution system. Since every electrical system is different, a Proactive Electrical Service program should be customized for every facility.
- Infrared Thermography
- Ultrasonic Testing
- True RMS Voltage and Current Service
- Visual and Mechanical Inspections
- Voltage Drop Service
- Phase Balance Service
- Power Quality Service
- High and Low Voltage Switchgear
- High Voltage Transformers
- High Voltage Breakers and Load Break Switches
- Low Voltage Air Circuit Breakers
- Relay Testing and Calibration
- Low Voltage Molded Case Circuit Breakers
- Low Voltage Bus Duct and Risers
Who provides Proactive Electrical Service?
Smith and Long is the #1 provider of Proactive Electrical Services in Canada. We currently service a wide variety of industries which include commercial, industrial, healthcare, retail, education and data centers. Our Proactive Electrical Service Program is unique in that:
- We utilize qualified journeyman electricians to perform all services
- Our electricians are also certified in infrared thermography, ultrasonic and high voltage maintenance
- We follow the CSA standard for Workplace Electrical Safety (CSA Z462‐08) to reduce your liability
- We provide professional and easy to understand reports
- We remove and replace all covers
- We use ultrasonic probes to listen for anomalies that infrared cameras may miss
- We use high resolution colour infrared cameras
- We utilize a web based program to trend and track your anomalies while providing you visibility throughout your electrical system.