Warehouse Management for the Next Generation
The visually-driven generation that has entered the workforce has much higher expectations from the tools and software they use. They are used to the simple, intuitive visual user interfaces found in computers, tablets, handheld devices and cellular phones. They demand ease-of-use, and expect their tools to be efficient — "visual" tools that make them more productive.
Now, thanks to TECSYS Visual Logistics™, they can find these tools in the warehouse.
More Than Just Pretty Pictures
Visual Logistics™ is not just about adding product images to a WMS application; it's a whole new visual approach to logistics and warehouse management systems. In fact, it is a revolutionary shift in warehouse management software thinking.
We've tapped into human's superior ability to process information visually compared to textually (up to 60,000 times faster), and designed ways of giving visual instructions to warehouse workers on their RF devices or handheld computers. Visual instructions instantly and unmistakably communicate the activities they need to perform, without the wasteful and time-consuming tasks of 1) reading and interpreting textual information, and 2) searching aimlessly for products or pick slots. The confusion or second-guessing common in text-based interfaces is eliminated.
The advantages of communicating visually versus textually in the warehouse are huge:
- Visual aids enhance and clarify instructions, reducing operator error and mental fatigue;
- Intuitive, real-life imagery significantly shortens the learning curve;
- Images simplify the communication of complex ideas;
- Images are multilingual — one "visual" represents all languages.
Workers can now make better decisions, accelerate workflows, and eliminate common errors, particularly in environments where literacy is an issue.
Faster. Easier. (Even) More Accurate.
TECSYS' Visual Logistics™ warehouse management software is not only easier to use, but faster and more accurate than ever, with significantly streamlined putaway, picking and packing, and the highest order accuracy and fill rates known to date.
With Visual Logistics™, warehouse workers can now:
- Locate an aisle, a tote, a case, a box and/or a part more quickly and accurately;
- Clearly and unmistakably identify products, their unique attributes, types, sizes, quantities, and shapes;
- Recognize safe limits and ranges such as lot number, expiry dates and more;
- Have access to critical product information, specifications, user instructions and alerts;
- Clearly identify a source of danger for such materials as hazardous materials, active ingredients and the like;
- Learn on-the-go how to put a kit together, or the right and the wrong way to perform a task.
It has been proven that a reduction of just a few seconds per work transaction can translate into literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of annual labor efficiency savings.
Visual Logistics enables companies to achieve significant increases in operational efficiency, unequivocal accuracy in order processing and quality validation, and, as a result, remove thousands of dollars in costs from their supply chain operations each year.
Do More With Less
Giving warehouse workers visual cues that are simple, clear, and unmistakable enables them to act confidently, without hesitation, make better decisions and complete logistics cycles much faster. They end up doing more with less — more productivity and more accuracy in less time for less money and, of course, less need to read.
It's time to Go Visual!