The International Music Academy offers a high quality private music education to individuals and corporations who believe in the changing power of music and arts. Focusing not exclusively on traditional market, the Academy has designed unique programmes for various groups:
Children | Adolescents | Adults | Seniors | High school students | Parents of a newborn child | Expectant mothers | Musicians | People with special needs | At-risk youth | Music teachers | People interested in music therapy
The International Music Academy programmes are approved by the York Catholic District School Board.
The International Music Academy also offers the following complimentary services:
- Assessment to determine which instrument and what type of lessons will suit you or your child the best.
- Preparing of a customized programme that fully reflects your needs and addresses your goals.
- On site tuning of all string instruments and piano tuning at home (for a small fee).
- Monthly recitals and two large scale music festivals (Winter and Summer).
- Upon demand, a letter of recommendation to the RCM Young Artists Performance Academy.
- Upon demand, a letter of recommendation to Colleges, Universities, and Governmental Organizations.
- Review of Royal Conservatory of Music Examination Papers (Theory, Harmony, Counterpoint, Music History, Piano Pedagogy).
- International Music Academy monthly newsletter.
- Music magazines for on site reference.
Individual lessons are offered for the following instruments and disciplines:
Piano | Violin | Guitar | Voice | Flute | Oboe | Clarinet | Bassoon | Saxophone | Tuba | Trumpet | Trombone | French Horn Viola | Cello | Double bass | Recorder | Suzuki Piano | Suzuki Violin | Music Theory | Harmony | Music history | Counterpoint | Music analysis | Orchestration | Conducting | Composition | Chamber Music
Jazz ensemble | Suzuki violin group classes
All programmes and courses are given by highly inspiring and motivating professionals. Each teacher has a Master degree in Music and a minimum of 15 years teaching experience. Most of our teachers have also a degree in music pedagogy and are certified to teach in Ontario. All teachers are also registered with the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Our tuition fee is the same for all instruments, all levels, all teachers, and all students.
All programmes, courses, and services are offered in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, Russian, and Bulgarian.
Our facilities include spacious and sound-proof state-of-the-art teaching studios, a MIDI and sound recording lab, and a chamber recital hall for our regular recitals. The reception area offers a large choice of the weekly magazines, books, and other media. Complimentary refreshments are available for our students, their parents and guests.