The International Development Division of Kim Geomatics Corporation provides services to the public sector, international aid agencies and international financial institutions - world-wide.
We provide consulting in program development and evaluation, GIS and mapping services, commercialization, strategic partnering, marketing, and business development to government, and international agencies in geomatics, GIS, remote sensing, space applications and natural resource/environmental monitoring.
Meeting Our Client’s Needs is the goal of our organization and the key to our success now and in the future.
We can help governments, donor agencies, and international financial institutions evaluate and plan geomatics/geospatial, space, and remote sensing programs. We can help them decide how best to formulate space, geomatics, remote sensing and related programs to meet the individual needs of aid-receiving countries - be it to develop basic information products such as reconnaissance maps, import replacement, industry development, infrastructure re-development, reduction of government spending, or program re-focusing.
What we can do in international development:
- Participate in/lead evaluation missions (English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish).
- Help develop programme proposals and do critical review of proposals.
- Evaluate aid programs (proposed, on-going or completed).
- Specify, coordinate, and manage mapping programs and activities in support of development.
- Implement commercialization and/or privatization of government services
- Conduct workshops/training in strategic partnering, remote sensing and GIS for managers, commercialization of government services, remote sensing applications, marketing, etc.
- Carry out trend assessments.
- Provide specific assistance in areas of our geographic/technical expertise.
- Contract R&D and feasibility studies.
- Create strategic linkages (e.g. identification and evaluation of potential partners).
- Provide an external, completely confidential sounding board for ideas, strategies, new concepts.
- Provide custom developed training materials
Examples of work done by our staff (by location):
- Evaluation of aid programs (Asia-Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Latin America)
- Design and management of aid or other international programs (Asia-Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Latin America)
- Development of government programs (national and international; geomatics, space, etc.)
- Evaluating space, remote sensing and geomatics programs (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Africa)
- Identification of strategic partners (World-wide)
- Assessment of technology (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe)
- Evaluation of investments (North America, Asia-Pacific)
- Doing future projections, market assessments and studies (World-wide)
- Planning and/or carrying out large area mapping programs of various types (World-wide)
- Carrying out industry evaluations (North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America)
- Working with high levels in industry and government in policy development (CEO/Minister)
- Conducting specialized work-shops (World-wide)
World-wide experience: Our senior employees and associates have worked in over 75 countries since the early 1980s for a variety of international agencies, national governments, aid agencies, and corporations. Our two most senior staff members have over 50 years of senior professional experience related to international development.
Strategic Linkages: Kim has developed working relationships with a number of other major consulting firms and others involved within the space and geomatics community through membership and active participation in a number of scientific organizations and industry groups.
The countries in which our senior employees have worked include (in alphabetical order): Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, Fiji, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Pakistan, the Philippines, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, the United States, and Vietnam. We have worked with people from an additional fifteen countries, and our senior associate Dr. Quiroga adds another 30 countries to the list.
Our Staff: Our staff are our company’s strength. We draw on both permanent staff and those brought in to meet a specific client need. We have senior people based in North America, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific Region. We speak English, French, Portuguese and Spanish - and have access to associates who speak most Asian languages.