At Queens Village for Seniors, we offer our residents an extension of their home by providing assistance. Support with the activities of daily life or a helping hand when needed allows our residents to maintain their independence with a sense of dignity, safety and security.
We provide as part of our basic service package:
- House physician on call and for regular weekly visits
- Licensed Nurses and Health Care Aides on staff 24 hours 7 days a week
- Three nutritious meals served daily at your table with special diets and preferences accommodated
- Mid-morning, afternoon & evening snacks
- Assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing and medication
- Regular health assessments, controlled medication distribution and arrangements with physician visits
- Assistance with outside agency services – podiatry, physiotherapy, vaccination, etc.
- Round-the-clock emergency response system
- Active social, cultural and recreational programs
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry service
Variety is the spice of life! That is why at Queens Village we plan our activity program to fill both your relaxing and more active moments. Our Activity Coordinator is dedicated to making your retirement years enjoyable and stimulating.
Here is a sample of some events and activities:
- Celebration of events – birthdays, special holidays, theme days
- Card games, Uno, Euchre, Bingo, Trivia games
- Exercise and fitness fun
- Arts & crafts/hobbies
- Concerts & Sing-a-Long
- Piano bar & Happy Hour
- Afternoon tea (daily)
- Fashion and gift shows
- Beauty treatment days
- Movie nights
- Shopping excursions and “Diners Club” outings
- Educational seminars and library
- Bible Study & Chaplaincy program services and much more..
Let our hairdresser pamper you as she sets, cuts, perms or colours your hair. You will soon discover the convenience of having a salon at your door.
Every five to six weeks, a qualified nurse will look after your feet to ensure they stay free of ingrown nails, fungus, and all those little problems we have no use for.
Our Activity Director consults with our residents and refers to the local event calendar to prepare a schedule of outings and shopping trips. We will also try to accommodate you should your family or friends not be able to assist you with transportation to appointments – an additional charge is applied.
• Escort service for appointments (local)
• Personal shopping and/or errands
• Catering for special occasions
• Guest Suite (upon availability)
• Room redecoration (based on scope of work)
Should you require additional care or services above and beyond our basic package, Queens Village will assist you or your family in arranging such additional care using internal resources as well as the Community Care Access Center (CCAC) or other agencies.