Is your Biodex sitting still while your staff is working double time?
The HUMAC will fix that. With HUMAC your Biodex is more than a CPM/late stage kick pull machine only one staff member can operate. With HUMAC your Biodex is an efficient measurement and training device the staff will use, patients will challenge, and physicians will appreciate.
“With HUMAC and a ½ day in-service our Biodex went from being used less than 12 time a year to being used every day, all day. Our log proves it.” Private PT Clinic, ME.
Your Biodex has three weaknesses:
1) In functional exercise muscles perform Isotonic Concentric/Eccentric Contractions. The Biodex Isotonic Mode is Concentric/Concentric.
In Rehab the clinician sets the resistance and the patient sets the speed. On the Biodex Isokinetic mode the patient sets the resistance (kick/pull as hard as you can) and the clinician sets the speed.
3) Software is not intuitive, reports are incomplete, and to get the latest Biodex Software one has to buy a new machine.
With HUMAC Your Biodex is working double time while your staff is working smart.
In 1982 CSMi pioneered the idea of extending the capabilities and the life of expensive Extremity Systems already in the field with the release of the HUMAC Software / Computer for the CYBEX II. History just repeated itself for Biodex Owners.
“The HUMAC more than tripled the activity of the Biodex in our clinic. The staff learned the software in a day. The interactive feedback screens help challenge patients. The addition resistance modes make therapy more efficient. Automated Protocols free up staff. And the Reports make it simple to communicate patient performance throughout the rehabilitation process. Oh yea, did I mention it cost a fraction of the price of a new machine?” Private PT Clinic, MI.
With HUMAC your Biodex has three new advantages:
1) The HUMAC adds functional Isotonic Concentric/Eccentric Resistance coupled to interactive visual feedback screens. Two benefits – functional contractions and more time spent training the involved muscle group.
2) With HUMAC Isotonic Concentric/Eccentric Resistance the clinician sets the resistance and the patient sets the speeds. This is safer than Isokinetic “hard as you can” resistance. Plus with settings as low as 1 ft/lb training can begin as soon as pain and swelling allow.
3) The HUMAC Software is intuitive, automated protocols walk patients through training, offers a variety of easy-to-read Test, Progress, and Group Summary Reports, and is compatible with the Biodex you already own.
HUMAC Upgrades have saved clinicians and researchers $80,000,000
Since 1982 over 2,000 Extremities Systems owners have expanded services while saving or postponed spending over $80,000,000 as a group by investing in a HUMAC Software / Computer by CSMi for the Extremity System they already owned. Perhaps you should too. Contact CSMi Today.
Researchers – Your Lab needs HUMAC
In the Lab the research need accurate measurements, cleans signals, and user-defined access to group data. The HUMAC Upgrade for Biodex delivers on all three points:
1) Verification vs. Calibration. The original Biodex Software only offers a verification of a factory set calibration and the accepted range is +/- 4%. At full scale the acceptable range is 480 to 520 ft/lbs, it cannot be improved in the field, and the verification is done with a single point measurement at 25 ft/lbs.
a) The HUMAC includes a calibration and a verification process. The calibration process with correct any drift in the mechanical strain gauges.
2) The Auxiliary Output Signals on the Biodex aappear noisy and require filtering. Filtering skews the accuracy of the data.
a) The HUMAC auxiliary outputs – standard on every HUMAC – offer clean signals.
3) The Biodex Data Management Program does not offer the user the ability to filter and sort Group Database
a) The HUMAC Group Summary Program allows the user to select a pattern, a protocol, and a group based on 12 subject qualifiers such as age, height, weight etc. Data can be sorted based on side, dominance, or involvement. Results can be expected to MS Access, previewed, or printed.
"The signal from the HUMAC's Auxiliary Outputs are amazingly clean compared to the signal output from the original Biodex Software and Hardware." Univesity Lab Director, CA
Let Us Prove it
If you can invest in a HUMAC Upgrade for your Biodex if it delivers as described CSMi will come to your facility, install a HUMAC, and let you use it with your patients or subjects for the day. Then at the end of the day if you love you keep it. If not we take it home. No harm, no foul. Contact CSMi today.