Talos Steel owns a complete range of equipment which is specifically used for machining services.
This equipment includes lathes, milling machines, a boring mill and drill presses. Talos Steel also
has a welding area to complement all of our machining requirements that need to be filled in regards
to any machining requirements. Also, our facility is equipped with a 10 ton overhead crane that runs
the full length of the shop area, which allows for convenient access for all parts and materials to
all machines. The building itself is 30 feet in height, allowing for parts of all sizes to be machined or repaired.
Our equipment in our facility is capable of handling large items such as frames, buckets and shafts
for the construction, mining and other industries. Our boring mill has a universal attachment to do
vertical and horizontal machining on very large items. The largest lathe machine can turn up to 30
feet in length, with a double gap bed, so that some larger circumferences can be handled. The large
drill press is large enough to drill on parts up to twenty feet in diameter. As well, the shop contains
many medium to small sizes of equipment to handle the smaller tasks.
Types of Custom Machining
- Machine, mill and drill all types of steel, (i.e. mild to stainless steel)
- Manufacture all types of threads, gears, jigs and splines
- Boring Mill and Line Boring all booms, cradles and frames
- Re-work all types of steel, casting body
- Rebuild and fabricate hydraulic cylinders
- Refurbishing of all types of drill cradles and components
- We are your one stop machine shop
Our workforce consists of ten (10) machinists, two (2) machinist apprentices, and one welder. These employees combine for more than 200 years of experience.