The development and intelligent use of computer models by the aerospace and military industries are critical to their design processes. Designers can use model-driven system development to test and verify their complex system designs to be compatible with harsh operating environments and compliant with strict reliability requirements.
Tools from Mentor Graphics allow our mil/aero customers to design digital devices that meet or exceed their rigorous standards. You can avoid cost overruns, schedule delays, low reliability, and even product failures related to the development of large-scale systems and platforms.
- Evaluate new ideas
- Optimize designs for cost and manufacturability
- Deliver the highest quality at the best cost
This approach also allows system designers to create system models before physical hardware is available. The models can incorporate various technologies, including mechanical, magnetic, hydraulic, thermal effects, or other characteristics that can be described using algebraic or differential equations. Plus, a model-based design approach allows designers to leverage transfer function-, RTL-, algorithmic-, and even specification-based models.
- Reduce development time, simplify hardware/software integration, and reduce manufacturing and warranty costs
- Perform design verification of hierarchical schematic and circuit elements
- Verify concepts through block diagrams and transfer functional blocks
- Industry-standard languages are supported: VHDL-AMS, SPICE, and C
- Generates 100% complete, target-optimized code
- Reduce defect rates through early execution of target-independent application models and test of application-independent designs; both of which can be re-used
- Accelerate development and speed ramp-up of products with multiple releases and growing or changing requirements
- Compress project schedules with concurrent design and application analysis modeling
- Powerful performance tuning and resource optimization
- Reduce maintenance costs and extend product lifetimes