Made in North America
100% Sustainable North American wood components
100% PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology
100% Thick face veneer (1/32" before sanding)
100% CFP manufacturing, service and support
You asked, we listened..
After a strong launch of the Can/Am panel line up, we've upgraded the Can/Am line
to gold plus status after hearing our customers'
feedback. CAN/AM GOLD+™ is Columbia's new and improved value-priced professional
North American-made and CARB Phase 2 compliant, this product will fill your need
for a low cost plywood panel to round out your construction options. These CAN/AM
GOLD+ panels offer more consistent quality, less thickness variation, thicker faces,
less telegraphing as well as reduced warping and moisture problems than many imported
or domestic low-cost alternatives. And because they're made at Columbia's plywood
mills across the US and Canada, quick regional shipping will assure steady availability.
Features and Benefits
North American Made.
CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are made at Columbia's mills in the US and Canada. You'll benefit
from quick regional shipping options even at low quantity needs.
Because all of Columbia's veneer core panels are made with soy flour-based formaldehyde-free
PureBond® technology, they are CARB Phase 2 compliant and contribute to LEED®
and other Green Building credits.
Less waste due to problems like warping, thickness variation, delamination and poorly
patched plies. Controlled moisture content gives these panels enhanced stability.
Panels feature faces pre-sorted for uniformity. Available in SAP and Natural options.
View CAN/AM GOLD+ Grade Ranges
CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are competitive with lesser-quality imports and thin-faced domestic
Add-on custom options like pre-priming, foil or UV coating and you've still got
a competitive product.
Backed by 50 years of Columbia's manufacturing experience and customer service.
CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are produced and shipped to Mill Run specifications, with a
10% shop content allowable. Any panel exhibiting delamination will be replaced or
credited, at Columbia's discretion.
CAN/AM GOLD+ Panel 1/32" Faces and Backs
Mill Run. Faces and backs include a hardwood mix of North American Basswood, Aspen,
Poplar or other white woods.
| C SAP ||
Perfect for value priced pre-finished or unfinished jobs where uniform color throughout
5.2mm, 12mm, 18mm |
(.20"), (.47"), (.71")
3 Ply, 5 Ply, 7 Ply
1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", 1" |
Custom thicknesses available upon request
| C Natural ||
Versatile surface suited for jobs that require a smooth surface for painting, staining,
pre-finishing or laminating
| D Natural Laminate ||
Utility surface that delivers a solid, repaired laminating surface for a variety
| #3 Natural ||
Solid, but repaired utility surface that is generally used for stabilizing back
| #4 Natural ||
Balancing back with open knot holes and splits that can be used for lowest cost
Consult your Columbia Forest Products representative to aid in the design of CAN/AM
GOLD+ panels with the appropriate face and back combination in order to control
costs and to suit your particular application.
- Variable moisture content in manufacturing with the potential for warping
- Multiple inner plies with possible core voids and panel thickness variability
- More glue lines = higher formaldehyde emissions and delamination risk
- Inconsistent crossband quality = telegraphing through thin faces and backs
- Random quality of thin face veneers and risk of sand-through and finishing problems
- Subject to freight and exchange rate fluctuations, shipping delays and inventory
- Controlled moisture content in manufacturing
- Made with PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology (proven in over 50 million
- Thicker, domestically sourced veneer faces
- Produced in North America and available through established distribution channels
- FSC® certified plywood panels available upon request
- Many custom options available and smaller order sizes required as compared to imported
For your convenience, CAN/AM GOLD+ panels can be pre-primed, pre-finished with a
VOC-free UV surface, and treated with foil (Canada only).