New Transformers and Repaired Equipment Specification Writing and Review
- Develop customized specifications to obtain quotations from Transformer OEM's and repair facilities
- Review existing transformer specifications and make recommendations to highlight non-value added/costly options or design guidelines
- Assist Client in evaluation of quotations for technical and commercial considerations
- Perform design reviews prior to manufacturing to ensure Client specification is followed and that acceptable design criteria have been employed in the electrical and mechanical design
- Review Manufacturer's drawings and Factory test instructions to confirm compliance to Customer and Industry Standards (CSA, ANSI, IEC)
Expediting, Inspection and Electrical Test Witnessing
- Monitor Manufacturer schedule and report status to Client
- Perform winding, assembly, core building, pre-tank inspection/Test Witnessin consideration for Client needs and design complexity
- Electrical test witnessing to ensure compliance to Customer and Industry Standard specifications
Located in Hamilton, Ontario Canada we are within convenient reach (< 1-hour drive) of the ABB Plant in Guelph, the Ferranti Packard VA TECH (Elin) Plant in St. Catharines, and the Toronto area. The ABB Transformer facility in Varennes, Quebec is a short flight away. We are of course able to travel to other manufacturing facilities and Customer sites throughout the world. Mature Transformers
General Transformer knowledge and Maintenance Training Seminars at Customer Sites.
- Can provide 1/2 day, full day and 2 day customized training seminars covering design considerations and the necessary maintenance actions and Field tests
Field Test Result Review, Interpretation and Recommendation
- Review Field test results of "sick" transformers and provide interpretation and guidance.
- Oil tests
- Standard - dielectric strength, water content, power factor, etc.
- Dissolved gas in oil
- Insulation resistance (megger)
- Power/dissipation factor
- turns ratio
- Furan analysis
- Degree of Polymerization
Failure Analysis, Repair versus Replace Recommendations
- Can provide analysis based on Factory and Field test results, design review and hands on inspection to assist the Client in the economic decision making process to either replace failed/aging equipment or effect a repair.
Field Service Assistance
Along with the Services listed above, we have provided the following assistance to Field Service organizations .
- Commissioning assistance
- Field installation assistance
- Field repair and modification guidance
- Sourcing transformer related components
We are aware of the rigors of the Service Business and are able to respond on an emergency basis.