Student Success - Academic Coaching and Career Planning
Career Coaching, career counselling
For many people, their identity is wrapped up in what they do. When what someone does is inconsistent with their values, interests, skills and abilities unhappiness is often the result.
Career counselling (also known as career exploration, career development, vocational counselling, career planning and career satisfaction) helps an individual examine the inter-related issues of occupation, education and life and includes exploring their interests, skills, abilities, values, and personality.
Are you or your child struggling to answer questions like these:
- What do you want to be when you grow up – or do with your life?
- How will you transition from this career to the next career?
- Are you satisfied with your career?
- Do you plan on staying where you are for the rest of your life?
- Do you hesitate to make a career change because you’re not sure how to go about it?
Success in career planning is determined by the quality of the connection formed between client and counsellor. Annette Poechman gets top marks when working with students, parents, adults and career changers of all ages. Her services are available in the regions of Halton and Hamilton. Read more about Annette.
It is through her innate ability to listen, guide and care, that Annette is able to help clients link past experiences to future dreams and goals.
Career and education planning often includes activities such as these:
- objective career testing
- identification of post-secondary programs and related schools
- information on potential careers and career trends
- considerations for returning to school as an adult
- insights for improving current career satisfaction
- knowledge related to changing careers
Annette provides career counselling for adolescents and adults of all ages and life stages, whether you’re entering the workforce for the first time, returning to the workforce, or unhappy with your current employment status and ready to make a change.
Annette is qualified, experienced and proficient in dealing with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and who may have differing skill levels. Everyone’s career path is important.
The process of career counselling enhances:
- self-understanding and identity
Essential knowledge about the world of work increases as skills are developed for both career planning and life. After counselling, decisions around career, educational choices, and lifestyle are made more easily and with greater confidence and peace of mind. Contact Annette Poechman today about Career Counselling for yourself or your child.
, career counselling
Contact Student Success - Academic Coaching and Career Planning
Print this page