Keep rotating machinery from getting all shook up.
Rotating machinery may have flaws that can cause a significant reduction in efficiency and lifespan, negatively affecting production, equipment operations and maintenance costs. Incorporating vibration monitoring inspections into your condition-based maintenance strategy will ensure your equipment is operating as designed.
Designing a best-in-class vibration analysis program
Effective vibration programs incorporate these important areas:
- Allocating time and/or resources to run the program effectively
- Turning the raw data into actionable information
- Implementing a “closed loop” program process that ensures recommended actions are handled quickly while correctly fixing the diagnosed problem
- Guaranteeing the consistency and quality of the data
- Sharing equipment problems and diagnostics effectively throughout your facility or corporation
- Assigning annual cost benefit dollars to your program’s effectiveness
- Track and achieve the stated goals
These issues are challenging to both new and established PdM programs. Many programs today simply survive by keeping the basic lifeline of the program functioning; collecting a mountain of data and performing basic analysis. The results are quick and dirty with limited maintenance recommendations.
Predictive Service solutions track predictive work actions to establish repair effectiveness, new baselines, reviewing alarms for effectiveness, database management, root cause analysis and sharing valuable information across sites.
A stable operating environment